Your Questions About Google Places Reviews
Google Places Unleashed: any un-biased reviews?
I am in the process of advertising my business on Google Places. When I search for similar businesses in my town I end up wading through the Google Place pages of businesses located 50 or 75 miles away!
There are a number of tutorials, but most of them list the same 3 or 4 pieces of advice (which I fully intend to follow). I am trying to find a comprehensive overview of Google Places: an article that describes how the search engine rankings are determined and what steps a Place owner can take to have local patrons actually see their local Place listing, rather than the listings of Places 50 miles away. I am very frustrated at this point: one can easily find comprehensive tutorials online about getting a web site ranked high in search results (tutorials posted by helpful souls free of charge), but searching for the same info about Google Places results in endless pages about this “Google Places Unleashed” marketing material (a series of video and other tutorials).
If you follow the links to the “Google Places Unleashed” home page, it reads like pretty much any other scam: “make hundreds of dollars for a few minutes of work from home”, etc, etc. But for all my searching I cannot find a single fact about the material at all. Every page reads exactly like every other and I suspect it’s all written by the same individual. I am pretty sure it’s a scam, but I would welcome any links to unique reviews about it. I would also welcome any links to some online tutorials about Google Places.
The best thing for you to do is go to youtube and type n the main question I.E. “google Places“, you may get lucky and find that many people have already gone thru what you are now experiencing have make video on the subject.
my restaurant’s listing on google maps is linked to 4 reviews which are all NEGATIVE, how do i delete?
dine.com won’t help at all. whether my place stinks or not is subjective but i dont want these reviews to be tied to my google maps listing. trying to communicate with google is about as easy as talking to president bush.
You can’t delete someone’s opinion. Its going to be hard to get them off unless you can prove the reviews are fraudulent. Even then, sometimes you can’t get them removed. The only thing you CAN do is “bury them with sunshine”. Create a system to encourage and capture reviews by your customers. My company offers this as a service. You should give us a call.
If someone posts a negative and damaging review of your business on google that is not true can I sue?
My business is listed on google and there is a place to leave a review for my Services. Someone posted a really nasty and totally fabricated review. The scenario never happened and I think they did it to hurt my business. What recourse do I have? Can I go to a district attorney or someplace and sue them for defamation of character? I happened upon the review by accident and it was posted July 29. My business has been slower than usual this summer. Can I sue for loss of business?
It has been tried and in almost all cases I know of, the suit has failed. The argument is that someone has a right to voice their opinion.
how to get my website on Google front page?
i add my website to the Google.com/place last month now i am trying to get my website on Google front page what should i do to make a better my Google ad to come top of Google front page. i have very good +reviews on my website
Your site is very new but don’t worry. You have to take some steps with care to bring your site on the first page and it is not difficult.
1. You have to make your site Search Engine friendly. How to make it you can search a question How to make a website search engine friendly? And you will find the answer so follow the answer.
2. Site name is always very important so make the site name shot means 4-6 words not more than that I will not recommend it putting more words there.
3. Description is second important thing to deal with now a days Google doesn’t read meta key words so don’t bother, your description is the meta keywords so make the description short and understandable. Word like & and so on crawler googlebot doesn’t read so avoid them just to the point like you are putting keywords there with commas. Just write there only those words you want to search.
4. Headings are very important so make every page’s heading unique like H1 (heading no1) H2, H3, H4 Search good keywords for your page and try to make 4-5 special phrases those you are going to use frequently in your contents.
5. Upload xml sitemap so googlebot will index your pages very quickly.
6. Site speed is very important if site is slow crawler stops crawling the site.
7. Images make your site slow so avoid putting big images.
8. Redirect your site with 301 redirect procedure.
9. Try WebSiteGrader.com to get a free basic SEO evaluation of your site.
10. Make your site visible means, your contact details including your google map and phone number are very important.
11. Put Facebook buttons there because it is search engine friendly.
12. Make your real back links means good sites your friend who can exchange links. Note: Google doesn’t allow any one to buy back links if Google knows you site will be out of the search engine.
Always remember! Help people without greed and you will get support all your life from people.
knucklebusters auto parts, ripped me off sick and i need to know how to let everyone know, can you help ?
Can anyone help me with how to make this company come up first in like google searches and other places with my reviews ? Or any other places i can write reviews, blogs and such to help expose these ripp off scam artists all over the web.. Thanks for all your help !
You could summarize your experiences with them on Google, Yelp, etc. Other people will see them for sure.
Should I feel guilty about a bad fake Google business review I wrote out of frustration?
My job is to cold call homes and businesses to qualify leads and drum up interest in solar energy systems, an admittedly terrible way to promote an extremely useful and legitimate product. I’m used to getting blown off by people, happens all the time, but for some reason one garden store manager or owner really pissed me off the way he acted on the phone.
Still fuming about it, I wrote a review on Google saying that their customer service sucks and that no one should ever go there, and it’s the only review on Google about this place. Anyone unfamiliar with the place would now be influenced by my fake review.
On one hand, I feel guilty about doing this since the guy didn’t actually do anything wrong, he was probably busy running his business and feeding his family. On the other hand, he was a complete prick with no professional courtesy toward a fellow businessman simply trying to forward him some information about a product that could help his company immensely.
Am I just overthinking this or did I do something legitimately wrong?
Well, you could retract your review or edit it on most review sites.
Powered by Yahoo! AnswersTags: admin answers, bad fake google, basic seo evaluation, google, Google Places, search engine, search engine rankings, search good keywords, website search engine, your questions about google places reviews